Audit Associate, Graduate
- Buzzacott LLP
- Closing date
- 20 Feb 2023
- Salary band
- £20,000 - £30,000
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- From our office
We are looking for values-driven, bright graduates to join us for our March 2023 intake of audit trainees in our Charity & Not-for-Profit-Team
Making up nearly a quarter of our people, the Charity and Not-for-Profit team audits, advises and supports a diverse range of charities and NFPs including; membership bodies, dynamic social enterprises, international NGOs, Arts & Culture charities, academies, care homes, religious orders and more. To find out more about the team, please click here.
Key aspects of the role include:
- To act as a trainee auditor in the Charity Team, working with a wide range of not-for-profit organisations. Carry out all audit work, including visiting client sites mainly in and around London and Greater London.
- Keep Seniors, Managers and Partners informed of the progress of the team’s jobs.
- Budget for your time and keep costs within budget wherever possible.
- For smaller assignments, plan and complete the audit file as per the Audit Completion Checklist.
You will study towards the ACA qualification over 39 months under a level 7 apprenticeship, building not only on your technical skills, but also on your personal and professional development. Training consists of a combination of courses at the tutors’ offices, private study and regular exams, as well as on-the-job training. You will have paid study leave to support you in the run up to exams and all course and exam fees are paid for.
As the largest single-office accountancy firm in the UK, we describe ourselves as friendly and professional, with values ingrained in our culture of trust, client focus, exceptional service, specialist knowledge and approachability. We all work together under one roof, giving you the opportunity to collaborate, build relationships and shine from day one.
What’s in it for you?
We go above and beyond for our clients, but also for you. We have a genuine commitment to your development, offering you a closely supported and structured programme of tuition, provided by a top firm of external tutors. Internally, you’ll be supported by a manager who will act as your mentor, a trainee buddy, partners, senior staff and a dedicated Training and Development Coordinator.
As you progress through your training you will receive incremental salary increases as you hit various milestones in your qualification.
You are the right person for the role if:
- You are a graduate with an inquiring mind and a sociable disposition, a problem solver with high standards, who thrives in a meritocracy.
- You are able to build meaningful, collaborative relationships with both clients and team members.
- You are keen to take ownership from an early stage and are committed to providing excellent client service at all times.
- You are a strong multitasker with the ability to prioritise your time to studying and working simultaneously.
No previous experience is required for our trainee roles, but to apply you will need to have:
- Or expect to obtain a 2.1 degree in any discipline, or equivalent
- A minimum of 120 UCAS Tariff points from your top 3 A-levels, or equivalent (300 using the old tariff)
- A minimum of Level 5 (B grade using the old system) in GSCE Maths and English Language, or equivalent
- The right to work in the UK without restrictions for the duration of the training contract
Please note we do not accept General Studies or applications from part-qualified applicants.
For more information about the Charity & Not-for-Profit team, please click here.
To find out more about life at Buzzacott, please click here.
To hear from team members across the firm on their experience of life at Buzzacott, please click here.
Buzzacott is a top 25 UK accountancy firm based in London. Our knowledge is applied through “specialist teams” who combine niche expertise in international and regulation-intensive sectors – expatriates, charities, LLPs - with excellence in mainstream tax and financial management services. We are partners to those we serve, sharing our experience and creating a bespoke response to an individual brief. That brief may concern a not-for-profit organisation or a firm of solicitors; personal investment or company takeover; here, or in 90 countries worldwide. We are an independent member of Prime Global, the third largest association of independent accounting firms in the world, comprised of over 350 highly successful independent public accounting firms in 90 countries. We have in excess of 250 staff working with 28 partners in specialist teams. Located in one central office, we have clear advantages from easy communication, cooperative working and cross-cutting service provision.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert