Personal Tax Consultant, Graduate
- Buzzacott LLP
- Closing date
- 20 Feb 2023
- Salary band
- £20,000 - £30,000
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- From our office
We are looking for values-driven, bright Graduates to join us for our September 2023 intake of trainees in our Private Client team.
We are a 500 strong firm located in the heart of the city of London next to St Paul’s Cathedral. Our private client and trust team, of approximately 30 people including 4 partners, work with diverse clientele to advise on the biggest financial decisions they face. The core of our work focuses on the preservation and enhancement of generational and new wealth, with a key emphasis on the minimisation of tax liabilities.
New graduates entering our close-knit team will be trusted immediately with being one of the main points of contact for their own portfolio of clients, who can range from CEO’s of multi-national corporations, ultra-high net worth individuals, musicians, artists and business owners from all over the globe. You will benefit from an extensive support network at partner and manager level, while our buddy and mentoring programme ensures you have fellow consultants close by to guide you every step of the way. The firm also provides full financial support and additional study leave throughout the ATT/CTA qualification period of around 3 years, after which there is a strong emphasis in the team on internal promotions.
Many of our clients also use Buzzacott for other financial services, so there is the opportunity to build relationships with your colleagues in other teams around the firm. There are also plenty of opportunities to get involved in extra-curricular roles to further expand your network within the firm, including in marketing, the social committee, in recruitment and training or in tech.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Working on a portfolio of personal tax clients within the Private Client Team.
- Preparing or on occasion review self-assessment tax returns, capital gains tax computations and other tax compliance work.
- Preparing income and expenditure accounts from both manual and computerised records.
- Agreeing liabilities or arranging for appeals.
- Drafting correspondence to H M Revenue & Customs.
We offer you a comprehensive, fully supervised training program, which extends over a period of approximately 36 months and you will undertake the Association of Tax Technicians (ATT) professional tax qualifications before training to be a Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA). Training consists of a combination of taught courses at the training providers offices, private study and regular tests. Paid study leave is granted and course and examination fees are paid for first attempts.
As the largest single-office accountancy firm in the UK, we describe ourselves as friendly and professional, with values ingrained in our culture of trust, client focus, exceptional service, specialist knowledge and approachability. We all work together under one roof, giving you the opportunity to collaborate, build relationships and shine from day one.
What’s in it for you?
We go above and beyond for our clients, but also for you. We have a genuine commitment to your development, offering you a closely supported and structured programme of tuition, provided by a top firm of external tutors. Internally, you’ll be supported by a manager who will act as your mentor, a trainee buddy, partners, senior staff and a dedicated Training and Development Coordinator.
As you progress through your training you will receive incremental salary increases as you hit various milestones in your qualification.
You are the right person for the role if:
- You are a graduate with an inquiring mind and a sociable disposition, a problem solver with high standards, who thrives in a meritocracy.
- You are able to build meaningful, collaborative relationships with both clients and team members.
- You are keen to take ownership from an early stage and are committed to providing excellent client service at all times.
- You are a strong multitasker with the ability to prioritise your time to studying and working simultaneously.
No previous experience is required for our trainee roles, but to apply you will need to have:
- Or expect to obtain a 2.1 degree in any discipline, or equivalent
- A minimum of 120 UCAS Tariff points from your top 3 A-levels, or equivalent (300 using the old tariff)
- A minimum of Level 5 (B grade using the old system) in GSCE Maths and English Language, or equivalent
- The right to work in the UK without restrictions for the duration of the training contract
Please note we do not accept General Studies or applications from part-qualified applicants.
Buzzacott is a top 25 UK accountancy firm based in London. Our knowledge is applied through “specialist teams” who combine niche expertise in international and regulation-intensive sectors – expatriates, charities, LLPs - with excellence in mainstream tax and financial management services. We are partners to those we serve, sharing our experience and creating a bespoke response to an individual brief. That brief may concern a not-for-profit organisation or a firm of solicitors; personal investment or company takeover; here, or in 90 countries worldwide. We are an independent member of Prime Global, the third largest association of independent accounting firms in the world, comprised of over 350 highly successful independent public accounting firms in 90 countries. We have in excess of 250 staff working with 28 partners in specialist teams. Located in one central office, we have clear advantages from easy communication, cooperative working and cross-cutting service provision.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert