We are looking for values-driven, bright Graduates to join us for our September 2023 intake of trainees in our Tax Investigations team.
Our Tax Investigations team are an award winning team recognised for technical expertise and an emphatic approach to clients' cases.
The TIDR team is made up of 12 team members, including one Partner. They are the go-to experts on tax investigations and dispute resolutions who help clients with all their communications with and representations to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC). Clients trust us to robustly defend disputes on their behalf, so it is important for us to build a lasting relationship founded on honesty and integrity.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Within the office, the successful candidate will be supporting the existing TIDR team with their portfolio of HMRC investigation cases.
- Supporting TIDR team members by attending client meetings and taking diligent notes of key facts that will help more senior TIDR team members to formulate appropriate case strategies.
- Arranging for the preparation of tax returns, capital gains tax computations and other tax compliance work, liaising with other Expatriate/Private Client/Corporate Tax team members as appropriate.
- Communicating/Negotiating with HMRC as appropriate.
- Drafting letters and reports to HMRC, as appropriate
- As the candidate progresses through their training, they will take on and manage their own portfolio of work, delivering a quality and professional service to clients at all times.
The successful candidate will be placed on a uniquely designed study program incorporating HMRC inspector training designed by the TIDR Partner, together with the Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT) exams and Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA) exams.
We offer you a comprehensive, fully supervised training program, which extends over a period of approximately 36 months. Training consists of a combination of taught courses at the training providers offices, private study, on the job learning and regular tests. Paid study leave is granted and course and examination fees are paid for first attempts.
As the largest single-office accountancy firm in the UK, we describe ourselves as friendly and professional, with values ingrained in our culture of trust, client focus, exceptional service, specialist knowledge and approachability. We all work together under one roof, giving you the opportunity to collaborate, build relationships and shine from day one.
What’s in it for you?
We go above and beyond for our clients, but also for you. We have a genuine commitment to your development, offering you a closely supported and structured programme of tuition, provided by a top firm of external tutors. Internally, you’ll be supported by a manager who will act as your mentor, a trainee buddy, partners, senior staff and a dedicated Training and Development Coordinator.
As you progress through your training you will receive incremental salary increases as you hit various milestones in your qualification.
You are the right person for the role if:
- You are a graduate with an inquiring mind and a sociable disposition, a problem solver with high standards, who thrives in a meritocracy.
- You are able to build meaningful, collaborative relationships with both clients and team members.
- You are keen to take ownership from an early stage and are committed to providing excellent client service at all times.
- You are a strong multitasker with the ability to prioritise your time to studying and working simultaneously.
No previous experience is required for our trainee roles, but to apply you will need to have:
- Or expect to obtain a 2.1 degree in any discipline, or equivalent
- A minimum of 120 UCAS Tariff points from your top 3 A-levels, or equivalent (300 using the old tariff)
- A minimum of Level 5 (B grade using the old system) in GCSE Maths and English Language, or equivalent
- The right to work in the UK without restrictions for the duration of the training contract
Please note we do not accept General Studies or applications from part-qualified applicants.