Graduate Audit Trainee ACA Apprenticeship
- Menzies LLP
- Egham, Surrey (GB)
- Closing date
- 19 Feb 2023
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- £20,000 - £30,000
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
We are looking for ACA Apprentices for our Heathrow (Egham) office, September 2023 intake! This is an ideal opportunity for a graduate looking to kickstart their career in audit.
The ACA Programme:
Menzies LLP was voted one of the best Graduate & Apprenticeship Employers to work for over the past 5 years (Job Crowd.com) with our award-winning training and development trainee programmes for Graduates & Apprentices. We offer a personable, friendly and supportive training environment. All of our trainees have a mentor & training manager for the duration of the trainee programme and they will get the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients from various industry sectors.
You will be based in our Audit department and you will be given the opportunity to gain a strong commercial insight into how organisations work and the challenges they face developing your commercial awareness. As you progress you will be given more responsibility, so that by your second year, for example, you will already be supervising other trainees.
Menzies’ ACA Apprenticeship programme is ideal for graduates starting out in the accountancy profession. Our ACA trainees work in small client assignment teams of three or four people with direct access to business owners and directors. Over the three-year programme, Trainees will develop their technical knowledge, practical skills and gain commercial insight into how a variety of businesses work and the challenges they face. As Trainees progress through the programme they will develop audit skills in increasingly complex areas and take on additional responsibility for supervising some of the work of more junior members of the team.
- Communicating and building working relationships with clients and other employees within relevant departments within the Firm.
- Planning, execution and completion of statutory audits, reporting to managers and partners.
- Preparation of statutory accounts, including review of disclosure requirements.
- Co-ordinate and communicate plans with clients, to ensure deadlines are met.
- Beginning to lead on-site audit teams and completing jobs with minimal supervision from the second year of contract, ensuring quality is met within budget.
- Monitoring and progressing less experienced trainees and team members from within your second year.
- Engaging in business development, promoting the Firm and its services to existing and potential clients.
You will have:
- Minimum of a 2:2 undergraduate degree in either a Business, Finance, Scientific, Law, Engineering or Mathematics discipline.
- Minimum 2 x A levels (A-C) and one other A level or equivalent
- 5 GCSEs grades A*- C or 9-4 (Maths and English Language preferred) or equivalent.
- A Passion for working with people
- Strong at networking & relationship building skills
- Existing/recent entry level work experience in the accounting profession would be ideal
- All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive for each role, we may not always be able to respond to your application within a short-term time period. However, every application is reviewed by a member of the Talent Acquisition team against the criteria set-out but also the quality of your CV and Covering Letter!
Interested in a career in business & advisory? Then why not train with one of the most dynamic and fastest growing firms of Chartered Accountants in the South East and become an expert advisor to SME businesses!
Menzies, a top 25 firm of Chartered Accountants, was established in 1912. Since then we have grown to become one of the largest firms in the South East servicing all kinds of businesses across a range of industries. We have 8 offices, each of which is situated in the heart of the local community, and enjoy long term relationships with both local and national clients.
At Menzies, we offer trainees all the benefits of working in a smaller team environment – personable, friendly and supportive – but with the same commitment to training and varied long-term career prospects offered by the larger firms. We provide all-round professional training with plenty of support, paid study leave, tutoring, specialised courses, personal guidance and a competitive salary, which is reviewed bi-annually and on passing exams.
- 01483 755000
1st Floor, Midas House
62 Goldsworth Rd
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert