Corporate Tax Senior Manager
Competitive Salary, based on experience
Working primarily as part of our corporate client team, you will play a significant part in looking after corporate tax compliance and planning matters, with a strong team to support you. You will be instrumental in shaping that service.
Your role will also be to help provide advice for our corporate clients and our own team, and help them delivery quality advice and service to our clients. You will work closely with our partners, existing tax teams, the audit and accountancy team, and other team members across the practice.
Your client portfolio will offer involvement with a wide range of industries, companies, and businesses. Your work will primarily be on managing client relationships, and managing and delivery of advice on a wide range of advisory matters for clients. The role involves some elements of detailed reviews of corporate tax computations on the larger and more complex clients. It also involves providing advice and making claims for tax relief on more technical matters such as R&D, capital allowances, loan relationships, losses, group efficiency, QIP’s and a wide variety of corporate matters. However, the main focus of the role is to oversee the delivery of advisory matters.
Line management responsibilities is also part of the role.
Our client base is made up of, but is not limited to, service companies, IT developers, property investors and developers, manufacturers across several industries and a wide range of professional service firms. You will be in direct contact with clients by email, over the phone/video meetings and face-to-face, so excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Accountancy (ACA or ACCA) qualification desirable
Tax qualifications (CTA or ATT) also desirable
Study Support will be considered for the right candidate.
Experience working in practice on a wide range of corporate tax issues is essential. Good technical skills are required, along with exposure to a wide range of corporate matters.
Specific and recent experience, or exposure to some of the following would be useful (in no particular order). The candidate could expect to be involved in some capacity in all these areas. Training is provided to build skills in these areas.
• Capital allowances
• Research and development claims
• Patent Box
• Group tax planning
• ATED compliance
• Loss reliefs
• Investment companies
• Non-Resident Corporate Landlords
• Loan Relationships
• Overdrawn Directors Loan accounts
• Corporate Gains regime
• Re-organisations and mergers
• Management Buy Outs
• Sales of companies, Due Diligence and Tax Warranties and Indemnities
• Capital Gains tax, particularly BADR
• Stamp Duty Land Tax
• Tax clearance procedures
• EMI Share option schemes - set up and EMI 40 returns
• Share valuations
• Employment related security returns
• Experience working in practice on a wide range of corporate tax issues is essential
• Excellent client service standards and work management skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills essential
• Good working knowledge of Alphatax useful
• Good team working skills
• Experience working directly with clients
• Ability to explain tax issues clearly and confidently in a non-technical manner
• Good organisational skills
• Experience in managing other team members would be useful
The Package and Benefits
• Full time permanent role (part time applicants considered)
• Competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience
• Annual leave starting at 25 days (plus Statutory Bank Holidays), increasing with length of service
• Pension with optional salary exchange scheme
• Life Insurance at four times basic annual salary
• Income Protection Insurance
• Professional subscription fees paid
• Benefits and Wellbeing portal offering discounts on shopping, a Wellbeing Centre, and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Generous recruitment referral scheme
• Numerous subsidised social events and activities organised by our Social Committee
• Business casual dress
• Kitchen stocked with free fruit, snacks and breakfast items plus hot and cold drinks
• Flu vaccination
• Excellent career development path and training
• Hybrid working for most roles
• Study support for professional qualifications if applicable
WMT are a modern firm with established roots. Our office is based in St Albans, Hertfordshire and is easily accessible from North London or Central London as the office is beside the Thameslink line station. We provide a vast range of services, including advisory, tax, audit, accounting and corporate finance.
We have a large portfolio of clients from across the South East including business clients from a range of industries and sectors, including hospitality, property, recruitment, technology, manufacturing, private clients, charity and not for profit and pensions.
We have been an influencing factor in the success of many of our clients’ businesses for over 40 years, and we believe this is as a result of three factors:
- Our team
- We are enthusiastic, committed and take pride in providing an exceptional service.
- Our values
These have always been fundamental to us, and have not changed since we opened our doors. We always endeavour to:
- offer an exceptional service
- take a personal hands-on approach and personal responsibility
- go over and beyond what is expected
- get to know each client, and are happy to invest time and effort to achieve this
To work with our clients and our team to fulfil their true potential. We have always gone beyond what is expected and to succeed in business. We do not wait for our clients to come to us, we are always proactively looking for opportunities and ways to help them increase their profitability. We look for ways to extend the skills of our team and help their career grow and develop.
To find out more about working at WMT and our benefits, please visit https://wmtllp.com/join-our-team .
To arrange an informal chat about this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .