Graduate Trainee Accountant
- Corrigan Accountants Ltd
- Bristol City Centre
- Closing date
- 17 Feb 2023
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- Contract type
- Graduate schemes, ICAEW Apprenticeships
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- From our office
Are you looking to start your accountancy career with a leading independent practice? Corrigan is based in the heart of Bristol and works alongside some of the brightest organisations, delivering a broad range of accountancy services to enable our clients to flourish. We’re energetic in our approach, flexing to the needs of our clients and driven to get the best results.
We moved into a fantastic new office in 2022 and our firm continues to grow. Our team is the key to that success, and future growth will mean great opportunities for the right candidate. We are looking to recruit graduates across the Practice, including in our Audit, Accounting and Tax teams.
Our diverse client base includes established & emerging entrepreneurs from Bristol’s thriving tech cluster, corporate clients, charities, and other not-for-profit organisations. The successful candidate will work on an interesting mix of assignments, with the opportunity for experience in the following areas:
Accounting and financial reporting
Graduates recruited into the accounts team will be assisting in the preparation of the year-end financial statements for a diverse portfolio of clients. Using the client's records as the basis for the work, the successful candidate will compile the report using internal documents and specialist software, for which full training will be provided, to produce meaningful financial information to the client.
Audit and assurance
Graduates recruited into the audit team will work independently or as part of a team, often onsite at clients’ premises, to assist with statutory audits and other assurance assignments. They will develop an understanding of our clients and the industries they operate in, and will maintain regular communication with clients and colleagues as projects progress. The regulation of the audit industry means that attention to detail is important, and graduates will learn about our audit methodology and how to apply it to meet the profession’s quality standards.
Graduates recruited into the tax team will assist with the preparation of corporate and personal tax returns, applying technical knowledge and interpreting the financial information provided, using tax specialist software. The role offers a thorough grounding in a broad range of taxes and across a varied client base.
We look for enthusiastic and self-motivated people with a willingness to learn and understand new challenges. You will receive the support you need to develop from our experienced team, but your own confidence and readiness to ask questions will be key to performing well in this role.
Whilst being funded to study for the ICAEW ACA qualification, via the Level 7 Apprenticeship programme, trainees at Corrigan gain invaluable work experience working within a dedicated team which delivers exceptional client service while enjoying the work they do. Trainees are given time off for study and are paid a competitive salary.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you have:
- 112 UCAS points
- 2:1 Degree or higher (in any discipline), or AAT/ATT Qualification
- Excellent IT skills with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office (in particular MS Excel)
- The ability to work well under pressure, confident interpersonal skills coupled with excellent organisational and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong teamwork skills
- The ability to prioritise work effectively to adapt when plans change
- A familiarity with excel would be beneficial
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary with regular salary reviews
- Study support including registration, tuition & exam fees, as well as training materials and time off for study
- Peer support to help you progress through your studies and exams
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays (with the option to purchase up to 5 more days)
- Pension scheme membership (including employer’s contributions to the scheme)
- Private healthcare
- A contemporary working environment in a central Bristol location, with a secure bike store and modern showers
- Flexible working arrangements
- A cycle to work scheme
- Opportunities to use working hours to undergo voluntary work in the local community
- Regular social events
In your covering letter, please indicate which of the above three area(s) you are most interested in. Due to the number of applications we receive, we will not review any applications that do not include a covering letter.
Unfortunately, we are currently unable to sponsor anyone for this role who doesn’t have permanent right to work in the UK. This includes anyone on a Graduate visa.
The start date for the apprenticeship programme is September 2023, but we would like the successful applicants to join us in July or August in order to gain experience before studying begins.
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants, however if you haven’t heard back before 28th February, I’m afraid we won’t be progressing your application on this occasion.
Closing deadline for applications: 17th February 2023
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert