Are you a graduate looking to build a long-term career in Accountancy? Then look no further! Start your career today with a Level 7 apprenticeship with Alexander Knight and Co Ltd and Kaplan. You will be gaining valuable workplace experience whilst working towards the ACA qualification.
Duties will include:
- Audit work – within a team.
- Drafting financial statements.
- Assisting with personal & business tax.
- Bookkeeping & management accounting.
- General accounting & office duties.
ACA Level 7 - Accounting or Taxation Professional.
ACA is a great option if you’re looking to become a chartered accountant and work in accountancy and finance. It opens a wealth of opportunities, as you can specialise in specific areas or sectors, or work broadly across multiple industries. You’ll also need to have 450 practical work experience days.
Certificate Level: You’ll be introduced to the essentials of accountancy, finance, and businesses. You’ll learn about double-entry accounting, assurance, business and technology, law, management, and taxation.
Professional Level: This level teaches you how to apply technical knowledge to real-life scenarios. You’ll deepen your knowledge on financial reporting, audit and assurance, tax compliance, finance management, business strategy, and business planning.
Advanced Level: You will give you the skills to understand how accountancy and finance works within businesses. You’ll learn about corporate reporting and strategic business management.
Training will be provided by attending either face-to-face classroom based lessons, Live Online sessions or OnDemand. An apprenticeship has to be relevant to the job you are undertaking and you must dedicate 20% of your time towards it.
- 2nd class or above Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 A-levels (or equivalent) grades A-C ideally in relevant subjects i.e. Accounting, Maths, Business, Economics etc.
- GCSEs (grades 9/A*-4/C) to include Maths & English.
- High level of numeracy & literacy essential.
- Excellent organisational skills & consistent, accurate & analytical working methods.
- Effective time management, strong communication skills & a high level of attention to detail.
- Able to work independently & as part of a team.
- Polite & professional manner.
- Smart appearance.
- Bright & articulate – able to engage with colleagues & clients appropriately, with ease & confidence.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated & keen to learn & progress within a professional environment.
- Punctual, reliable, responsible, conscientious & trustworthy.
Rapid promotion & excellent career prospects including flexible working benefits & competitive salary available to the right candidate.
- Statutory company benefits.
- Limited parking spaces available.
Please note: Salary in the region of £20,000, dependant on the candidate/experience.