Mixed Tax Associate: Legal Team
- Michael Page
- Gloucestershire, Cheltenham, England
- GBP40000 - GBP45000 per annum
- Closing date
- 6 Feb 2023
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- £40,000 - £50,000
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
Join a growing legal tax team managing a varied portfolio. As well as building and maintaining tax relationships with clients and providing an exceptional level of client service.
The client is a top 50 accountancy firm based in the heart of Gloucestershire. They are committed to growing business opportunities in the local area as well as supporting local charities and good causes.
They are committed to growing home grown talent. Showing clear progressions through the company to help you achieve your careers goals.
- Managing a portfolio of clients including partners, company directors, partnerships (including LLPs) and limited companies.
- Building and maintaining tax relationships with clients and providing an exceptional level of client service.
- Reviewing income tax computations, including liaising with specialists on technical matters.
- Reviewing business tax computations for partnerships and companies.
- Managing and developing junior members of the team and offering a professional role model.
- Supporting colleagues on advisory projects.
- Researching and understanding technical matters, and presenting them in a comprehensible and practical way.
- ACA/ACCA and or AAT/ATT qualified. CTA desirable, although we would consider supporting CTA studies.
- Understanding of accounts and their interaction with tax computations desirable.
- Good Excel and Word skills.
- Client driven and commercially aware.
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations, both written and oral.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Team player with an enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work and a desire to learn and progress.
- Previous experience of working with legal practices would be helpful, but is not essential as we will happily help you to become someone who really knows how to be a valuable adviser in the sector
A competitive base salary of 40k-45k.
25 days annual leave
Flexi time and toil available
Hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Parking on site
Clear careers progression
If this role is of interest please contact Callum Panton at Michael Page 07977092279.
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert