We are looking to recruit a Trainee Accountant into our experienced and entrepreneurial team. We are offering a fully supported training package towards a professional accounting qualification including time off for study and exams.
This full-time role in a lively and fun office offers the successful candidate’s exposure to a wide range of clients across a variety of sectors. We have a strong team ethic in our business which occasionally means some longer hours during peak periods. Occasionally, you may be required to work away from the office.
As well as developing your technical skills, the role will help you build your commercial knowledge and get you started in developing your career as a business advisor. The role will include assistance in the preparation of statutory and management accounts and the associated tax compliance work as well as assisting on audit assignments for an array of clients.
Key areas of responsibility include (but not limited to):
- Work with East Asian clients to execute and deliver on compliance and advisory projects
- Plans and oversees implementation of accountancy system and policies
- Prepares financial documents and reports for management shareholders, statutory or other bodies
- Prepares tax returns, advises on tax problems and contests disputed claim before tax official
- Conducts financial investigations concerning insolvency, fraud, possible mergers, etc.
- Evaluates financial information for management purposes
- Liaises with management and other professionals to compile budgets and other costs
- Prepares periodic accounts, budgetary reviews and financial forecasts
- Working alongside trained accountants
- Assist on audit assignments of corporate clients, including on site at client premises
- Prepare accounts for sole traders, limited companies & partnerships.
- Prepare basic tax computations and returns
- Utilise accounting software
- Communicate with the team on any issues or findings
- Develop and apply technical knowledge gained from studies and on the job experience
- Ensure timesheets are completed on a weekly basis
- Have an awareness of the various services provided by P&Co
- Maintain a professional working relationship with both clients and the wider P&Co team
P&Co Chartered Accountants LLP is a oriental specialist firm in the UK market. Priding ourselves on our ability to understand our client’s needs and helping them to solve their problems, we deliver a comprehensive range of accounting and business services which is underpinned by over 20 years of experience.
Boasting clients ranging from small businesses to large corporations such as Thai Airways and the Bank of East Asia, P&Co uses its team of qualified accountants and position as an ICAEW accredited training centre to deliver expertise to allow their client’s to focus on running their businesses.
Attributes and Skills Required
- A winning mentality and eager to take on early responsibility
- Outgoing personality with great communication skills and ability to build strong relationships
- An inquisitive nature and an aptitude for problem solving
- Interested in business, happy to learn and can demonstrate leadership qualities
- Reliable, organised and able to meet deadlines
- Competent numerical and IT skills
- No prior experience required
- University degree with 2:1 qualification or higher (preferred, not required)
- Language requirements: English and ideally one other language from either Cantonese or Japanese
1) Submit Cover Letter and CV
2) 1st round interview - successful CV applicants will be invited to a 1st round interview which consists of an interview and assessment tests
3) 2nd round interview - successful applicants from the 1st round interview will be invited for a 2nd and final round interview with the senior principals and accountants