A Career in Tax at Harris & Trotter LLP
Tax is everywhere. If affects all aspects of life, from deductions from salary to the biggest multi-national corporations. A vital aspect of this is ensuring that the correct amount of tax is paid; both by making sure that tax filings are up to date and appropriate, and that financial affairs are organised in the most efficient manner. Our tax department deals with all of this for our clients and we are looking for new recruits.
- We are a medium-sized Chartered Accountancy practice established over 80 years ago and located in the heart of London's West End. www.harrisandtrotter.co.uk We are a friendly and dynamic firm, growing rapidly and we need people to service our expanding client base. We offer exceptional prospects for personal growth and career progression. If you accept that these rewards come to those who are prepared to work for them, we look forward to hearing from you.
- We are looking for people to train in our tax department, learning all of the skills needed to advise our clients on their taxation affairs.
- You will start by learning personal tax compliance before expanding into other aspects of tax work. At the same time, you will embark on studying for tax qualifications, firstly with the Association of Tax Technicians (ATT) and then onwards to membership of the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT), the world’s leading body for tax professionals. (Other options are available, such as skipping the ATT qualification, or undertaking a joint qualification leading to membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales alongside membership of the CIOT.)
- We offer a competitive salary, bonus scheme and full study support package. We will pay for all course fees, exam fees and study leave (with salary increases based on exam success and work performances).
- You will receive excellent on-the-job training, supported by your colleagues in the tax department.
We are looking for graduates who have achieved (or are expected to achieve) a minimum 2:1 degree in any discipline. In addition, you should:
- Have excellent numerical skills.
- Possess good time management and organisational skills.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to use initiative when required.
- Be proactive and motivated, with a willingness to get "stuck in".
- Be competent in the use of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel Etc (Essential)