We are looking for values-driven, bright graduates to join us for our January 2023 intake of trainees in our Corporate Assurance team.
We are a rapidly growing and ambitious assurance practice of 6 partners supported by a 60 strong team situated in St Paul’s in the City of London. We work with a wide range of privately owned businesses across a variety of sectors including financial services, real estate, retail, manufacturing, professional practices and technology and media. Our clients vary from entrepreneurial start-ups to large international groups with several of our larger clients having turnover and/or assets of more than £500m.
Our approach to working and our unique culture differentiates us from other audit firms in London and makes Buzzacott the standout choice for people who are looking for a new challenge, rapid career advancement and who want to enjoy what they do.
Key aspects of the role include:
- To act as a trainee auditor working with a wide range of profit making organisations
- Carry out all audit work, in compliance with the firm’s and statutory procedures.
- Work as part of a team, assisting Seniors and Managers in the delivery of audit assignments
- To be proactive and take responsibility for becoming fully familiar and confident with all the firm’s IT policies and procedures ensuring full compliance, and to help promote these policies within the firm
You will study towards the ACA qualification over 36 months under a level 7 apprenticeship, building not only on your technical skills, but also on your personal and professional development. Training consists of a combination of courses at the tutors’ offices, private study and regular exams, as well as on-the-job training. You will have paid study leave to support you in the run up to exams and all course and exam fees are paid for.
As the largest single-office accountancy firm in the UK, we describe ourselves as friendly and professional, with values ingrained in our culture of trust, client focus, exceptional service, specialist knowledge and approachability. We all work together under one roof, giving you the opportunity to collaborate, build relationships and shine from day one.
What’s in it for you?
We go above and beyond for our clients, but also for you. We have a genuine commitment to your development, offering you a closely supported and structured programme of tuition, provided by a top firm of external tutors. Internally, you’ll be supported by a manager who will act as your mentor, a trainee buddy, partners, senior staff and a dedicated Training and Development Coordinator.
As you progress through your training you will receive incremental salary increases as you hit various milestones in your qualification.
You are the right person for the role if:
- You are a graduate with an inquiring mind and a sociable disposition, a problem solver with high standards, who thrives in a meritocracy.
- You are able to build meaningful, collaborative relationships with both clients and team members.
- You are keen to take ownership from an early stage and are committed to providing excellent client service at all times.
- You are a strong multitasker with the ability to prioritise your time to studying and working simultaneously.
No previous experience is required for our trainee roles, but to apply you will need to have:
- Or expect to obtain a 2.1 degree in any discipline, or equivalent
- A minimum of 120 UCAS Tariff points from your top 3 A-levels, or equivalent (300 using the old tariff)
- A minimum of Level 6 (B grade using the old system) in GSCE Maths and English Language, or equivalent
- The right to work in the UK without restrictions for the duration of the training contract
Please note we do not accept General Studies or applications from part-qualified applicants.
To find out more about life at Buzzacott, please click here.
To hear from team members across the firm on their experience of life at Buzzacott, please click here.