A smarter way of working
A Top 30 UK accountancy firm, Price Bailey will offer you the best opportunities for training and development, personal growth, and career engagement. We want our people to be happy and fulfilled by their work, whilst being supported and challenged to grow. We also understand that you have a life outside of work, which is why our Smart Working culture means you have flexibility to work when and where you choose, whilst still caring for your clients.
We strive to deliver first-rate, cutting-edge services that are suited to our clients' specific requirements. As a leading firm of chartered accountants and business advisors, we provide consultancy and planning skills to complement the traditional auditing, accounting, tax and financial services.
Our school leaver scheme is aimed at recent college/sixth form leavers and will see you join either our Business, Corporate or Tax departments where you will get the opportunity to gain a solid grounding in accountancy. For some candidates there will be the opportunity to rotate between the different departments during your training contract.
Depending upon which department you join, you will start the scheme by studying towards your AAT, ATT or CFAB qualification via a Level 4 apprenticeship, which will be immediately followed by your ACA qualification via a Level 7 apprenticeship. It will take you five years to become a fully qualified Chartered Accountant and we'll support you every step of the way by providing full study support, time off for college and access to a buddy for their insight and previous experience.
No matter which department you join, your role as a Trainee will involve processing accounting information using a variety of relevant software and your contact with clients will increase as your experience grows. Here's a bit more on what you'll be doing in each department:
- AAT → ACA route.
- Develop knowledge of double entry bookkeeping and prepare sets of accounts for limited companies, LLP's and charitable organisations.
- CFAB → ACA route.
- Take client's accounts up to trial balance where necessary and carry out substantive audit tests on their financial information.
- ATT → ACA route.
- Undertake corporate tax compliance work on behalf of clients and assist with HMRC queries.
You might not have all of the experience below, but if you meet the minimum criteria and are passionate about developing yourself, we'd love to hear from you:
- On course to achieve at least 112 UCAS points (or equivalent) in your top three A-Level's (minimum criteria)
- GCSE English Language and Maths (or equivalent) at grade 5 or better (minimum criteria)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office applications
- Good telephone manner with a professional appearance
- Strong communication skills within a professional environment
- Team player
On top of a competitive salary, you'll also benefit from:
- Bonuses for passing exams and twice yearly pay reviews
- 23 days annual leave (with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days holiday)
- Contributory pension scheme
- 4x life assurance
- All employee share scheme
- 2 days paid for volunteering
- Cycle to work scheme
Upon applying you will be invited to undertake some initial tests (numerical and verbal reasoning), followed by a pre-recorded video interview. You can undertake these at your convenience and will not be required to complete everything in one sitting.