Description: ACA Graduate Training Programme
Contract Type: Permanent, from early 2023
Location: St Albans, AL1
Industry: Accounting Practice
Salary: Circa £25,000
As one of our ACA trainees, you play a major part in our ongoing success story. From the start of your contract, you will be entrusted with real client assignments and real responsibilities, gaining valuable experience whilst receiving support for your professional qualification.
What is an ACA?
The ICAEW Chartered Accountant qualification, the ACA (Association of Chartered Accountants), is one of the most advanced learning and professional development programmes available. It is valued around the world in business, practice and the public sector.
WMT is a trusted advisor, providing a broad range of audit and assurance, accounting, tax, and business advice services. We work with many business types including owners and directors, trustees, and private individuals, to help them run effectively and achieve their goals.
WMT is a progressive, supportive, and friendly environment, allowing you to flourish in your career. You will gain practical skills and experience and be supported to discover where your personal strengths and interests lie, creating a firm foundation for your future career, and providing opportunity to gain experience within the wider firm.
What we provide :
A fully funded 3-year training package including:
· ACA tuition and revision courses, including exams, provided through a leading accountancy training organisation
· Paid study leave
· A friendly and supportive environment which encourages team-work and knowledge-sharing
· Regular development reviews, mentoring and on-the-job training
· A comprehensive range of technical skills in accounting and taxation
· Experience and knowledge of a range of business services and clients of different types and sizes, enabling your development
· Practical and interpersonal skills including problem-solving, customer service, and business advice skills to help you become a well-rounded professional advisor
· Regular salary reviews
· Complete the ACA qualification over a 3-year period
· In addition to your paid study leave, you should be prepared to study in your own time to make sure you get the most from your training and achieve exam success
· Work with your line manager to identify your development needs and interests and formulate a set of personal objectives and a development plan to help you achieve your goals
• 2:1 degree in any subject
• 3 A Level passes equivalent or above to 120 UCAS points
• GCSE passes including Grade B or above in both Maths and English Language
• A natural affinity with numbers
• Sound written and verbal English communication skills
• Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines
• Able to work with accuracy and focus, even under pressure
• Self-motivated with an interest in business and finance
• Experience of using Outlook, Excel and Word
Application and selection process
We are inviting applications for an early 2023 intake. This position is offered under a level 7 apprenticeship.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org , outlining your motivations for undertaking the traineeship. We may ask you for further information by email, before progressing your application.
The selection process will consist of an online aptitude test initially, followed by one or more interviews including in-person interviews at our St Albans offices.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch via email@example.com . More information about our roles and benefits can be found here: https://wmtllp.com/join-our-team/ .