Are you looking to start your accountancy career with a leading independent practice? Corrigan is based in the heart of Bristol and works alongside some of the brightest organisations, delivering a broad range of accountancy services to enable our clients to flourish. We’re energetic in our approach, flexing to the needs of our clients and driven to get the best results.
We moved into a fantastic new office in 2022 and our firm continues to grow. Our team is the key to that success, and future growth will mean great opportunities for the right candidate. We are looking to recruit graduates into our Audit team.
Our diverse client base includes established & emerging entrepreneurs from Bristol’s thriving tech cluster, corporate clients, charities, and other not-for-profit organisations. The successful candidate will work on an interesting mix of assignments, with the opportunity for experience across a broad range of industries. Graduates recruited into the audit team will work independently or as part of a team, often onsite at clients’ premises, to assist with assurance assignments. They will develop an understanding of our clients and the industries they operate in, maintain regular communication with clients and colleagues to provide updates on work undertaken, all while learning our audit methodology and how to meet the profession’s quality standards.
We look for self-motivated people with excellent communication skills. You will receive the support you need to develop, and your own positive attitude will be key to supporting those around you.
Whilst being funded to study for the ICAEW ACA qualification, via the Level 7 Apprenticeship programme, trainees at Corrigan gain invaluable work experience working within a dedicated team which delivers exceptional client service while enjoying the work they do. Trainees are given time off for study and are paid a competitive salary.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you have:
- 112 UCAS points
- 2:2 Degree or higher (in any discipline), or AAT/ATT Qualification
- Excellent IT skills with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office (in particular MS Excel)
- The ability to work well under pressure, confident interpersonal skills coupled with excellent organisational and communication skills (both oral and written)
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary with regular salary reviews
- Study support including registration, tuition & exam fees, as well as training materials and time off for studyPeer support to help you progress through your studies and exams
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays (with the option to purchase up to 5 more days)
- Pension scheme membership (including employer’s contributions to the scheme)
- Private healthcare
- A contemporary working environment in a central Bristol location, with a secure bike store and modern showers
- Flexible working arrangements
- A cycle to work scheme
- Opportunities to use working hours to undergo voluntary work in the local community
- Regular social events
In your covering letter, please indicate why you want to train within an Audit team. Due to the number of applications we receive, we will not review any applications that do not include a covering letter.
The start date for the apprenticeship programme is January 2023.
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants, however if you haven’t heard back before 9th December, I’m afraid we won’t be progressing your application on this occasion.
Unfortunately, we are currently unable to sponsor anyone for this role who doesn’t have permanent right to work in the UK. This includes anyone on a Graduate visa.
Closing deadline for applications: 30th November