MAP's Vision: The trusted finance partner for digital agencies; building tailored, scalable finance functions that support their ambitions.
Purpose: To provide a robust and streamlined finance function to MAP’s clients through the implementation of effective processes, reporting and advice.
Your place of work: MAP Accountants Ltd, 16 Blackfriars Street, Manchester, M3 5BQ
Reporting to: Finance Partner
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
- 20 days holiday & bank holidays
- Gym membership - because being fit and healthy is essential for a happy and productive working environment
- 4x Annual Salary Life Cover
- Pension provided through auto-enrolment scheme
- Private Health plan provided by Healthshield - Provides contributions to Optical, Dental and Physiotherapy
- Extra annual leave - Birthday and Christmas closure
- Hybrid working policy - up to 60% of your time can be spent working remotely
Who we are:
MAP are a modern and very different firm of accountants who look after all aspects of the financial affairs of our clients using the most up to date technology. Our collaborative approach with clients gets us much more involved in finances and planning than traditional accountancy firms.
We work exclusively with digital agencies, mostly owner operated.
We believe in creating an environment where people love what they do. We spend half of our time working so it’s extremely important to us that the people that work at MAP love what they do to best serve their clients. There are too many people that detest their role and are counting down the hours until they get to the end of the working day.
MAP provides Digital Agencies with a full finance function, with industry expertise and a thorough understanding of the latest financial technology and processes to bring financial rigour to agencies across the UK.
We have robust systems which power MAP, which is driven by our dedicated team. All of the systems at MAP have been carefully crafted to ensure that our workflow runs as efficiently as possible and the exchange of information between us internally and our clients is seamless.
Therefore our team is elevated to provide the creativity and expertise that systems can’t deliver, to ultimately help our clients to build a more profitable agency with more predictable financial performance.
The role is client facing, so strong communication skills are essential. You will be involved in a variety of duties to help run and support the finance function of your clients. The work means you will gain a much broader deeper understanding of how to support modern businesses.
No two days will be the same as you prepare management information, budgets and annual accounts while dealing with client queries on tax, how to control finance systems and give insights into business performance to help clients achieve their goals.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Owning the relationships with a portfolio of clients
- Where appropriate on selected clients, supporting the Finance Partner with their requirements.
- Presentation of annual accounts to clients
- Preparation and presentation of management accounts in a timely manner, presented to clients in a way they understand.
- Presentation of self assessment tax returns
- Advising clients on tax and financial matters
- Overseeing the client finance functions - sales ledger, credit control, purchase ledger, staff expenses and bank reconciliation
- The opportunity to manage your own workload and planning/managing jobs to ensure great service outcomes and peace of mind for the client.
Who you are:
- ACCA/CIMA/ICAEW or equivalent qualified or ACCA Part Qualified
- 2 years minimum Accountancy Practice experience
- Exposure to cloud accounting software such as Xero and Dext (Desirable to be certified on both or another Cloud Accounting Software)
- Experienced in managing client relationships
- Passionate about financial control and reporting
- Committed to running robust finance functions
- Keen attention to detail with a passion for the highest standards
Here at MAP we have a set of values that we hold close to our heart. We demonstrate these values everyday through every member of our team. These are:
Be a team player
If you recognise yourself within these values, MAP might be a great fit for you.