We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
We have a National Tax Accounting and Tax Governance practice with ambitious plans for growth. With the introduction of new Tax Governance regimes including UK SOx and a huge opportunity in tax accounting advisory work as we go through a deals led recovery, we are excited to be expanding our team to maximise the market opportunity.
We advise both domestic and international clients on the end to end management of tax across their business and complex tax accounting matters. We work with the largest FTSE 100 and Inbound businesses to the mid-tier, across all taxes, industries and geographies.
We would like to hear from candidates who have a passion for complex tax accounting advisory including GAAP conversions, carve outs and quarterly reporting, or would like to focus on Tax Governance advisory including SAO, BRR and CCO, or blend both skill sets and undertake US / UK SOx work. We believe our flexibility sets us apart from our competitors and differentiates our service offering to clients.
You will be fully supported by our leadership team to seize the opportunity to work with an unparalleled client base, within a specialist team and help shape and build one of PwC’s priority businesses.
As part of our growing team you’ll be responsible for driving and managing projects, working closely with both senior and junior members of the team to provide outstanding service to our clients.
We are looking for a self-starter, who has the passion and drive to take the business forward and be able to provide technical excellence as part of our national team, contributing to client proposals as well as confidentially driving client relationships.
We are interested to hear from candidates who would like to specialise in Tax Accounting, Tax Governance or both. Relevant skills and experience in each can be summarised as follows:
Tax Accounting Advisory
You'll have the opportuniy to work on major high profile corporate transactions and deals. You will be involved on a wide variety of projects and assignments in the tax accounting space including:
- Advising on the tax aspects of GAAP transitions e.g. to IFRS or US GAAP
- Advising on the tax accounting aspects of acquisitions and disposals e.g. on purchase price adjustments
- Assisting with the tax accounting for carve-out financial statements
- Assisting with tax accounting preparation work under US GAAP
- Advising on the tax elements of adopting new standards
- Advising on deferred tax asset recoverability
- Reviewing clients tax accounting methodology and approach and providing best practice advice
The work often requires you to be working collaboratively in workshops with clients. Our team draws on specialist employment tax and indirect tax governance specialists and so we usually require a background in corporation tax and general tax advisory experience. You would be involved in a wide variety of projects including:
- Holistic tax governance / tax management reviews as part of a refresh, IPO, new strategic approach or ahead of interactions with the UK or non UK tax authorities.
- Tax Control framework development, review and/ or testing, assisting any of the three lines of defence.
- Addressing the requirements of specific governance regimes including BRR, SAO, CCO, ESG and US / UK SOx.
- Developing connected propositions where tax governance plays a key role e.g. in the introduction of new taxes or as part of end to end disputes management.
You should have a strong track record of working effectively on client projects, but you need not have knowledge or experience of all of the specific areas listed above, as hands-on coaching and opportunities to attend training will be provided. You will also have a Career Coach who will manage your performance, well-being and development.
- Qualified ACA / CTA (or equivalent);
- Relevant experience gained ideally in an accountancy;
- A commitment to continuing to enhance technical and other knowledge and skills;
- A willingness to learn and take on new work;
- Risk awareness;
- Excellent team play and management skills;
- Good communication skills;
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offers flexible career arrangements and contract work? Learn more.
The skills we look for
The PwC Professional is our global framework for defining and encouraging leadership at all levels. Learn more.
‘The Deal’, our firmwide Employee Value Proposition’ empowers our people to be the best they can be. Learn more.
Our commitment to you
We’re committed to building a culture that empowers all of our people to thrive and feel a sense of belonging at PwC. Learn more.
If you’re a person with a disability, if you’re neurodivergent, or if you have a condition that you believe may affect your performance during our selection process, we’ll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to our processes for you. Learn more.