School Leaver, Private Client Tax - Bristol, Sept 2023 (ATT/CTA)
- Evelyn Partners
- Competitive salary plus benefits
- Closing date
- 3 Dec 2022
- Accounting - practice, Banking, finance and investment
- Salary band
- £20,000 - £30,000
- Contract type
- Graduate schemes
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- From our office
Looking to start a career that’s wide-ranging, varied and rewarding? Find the right opportunities and experience for you at Evelyn Partners.
We believe that the best learning experiences are immersive from Day One.
Think client meetings, tackling real-life challenges, responsibility, and exciting work across a wide range of sectors, on a structured training programme.
Of course, we won’t throw you in at the deep end – you will get all the support and supervision you need. As part of the UK’s leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, you will learn from some of the industry’s thought leaders. Together, our experts manage around £55 billion of assets for 172,000 clients – and growing.
Individuals, family trusts, professional intermediaries, charities, businesses: we’re dedicated to supporting them all, through the power of good advice.
What you can expect on our school leaver programme:
- Fully funded Tax qualification, equivalent to a master’s degree
- Hands-on experience within a team invested in building your skills and business knowledge
- Qualification training with our partner First Intuition, rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
- Dedicated L&D team and training contact for your department and office location, to support you throughout your studies
- Comprehensive soft skills programme
- Your own personal support network, including a buddy to offer first-hand experience
- Contact with partners, to build your confidence with senior members of staff
- Accelerated career progression, thanks to early responsibility
- Exposure to a wide selection of clients, sectors, and projects
About our Private Client Tax team:
Our Private Client Tax Services team helps individuals from all walks of life with their tax issues. With over 6,000 private tax clients and 1,500 trusts, our team’s client base is incredibly diverse, including high-net-worth families and individuals, as well as entrepreneurs, business owners and family businesses.
You will be joining a team that supports clients to meet their tax compliance obligations and liaises with HMRC on their behalf. This can include preparing their tax returns, repayment claims, computations, accounts and dealing with any correspondence from HMRC.
As part of our Private Client Tax team you will combine hands-on practical experience which could be advising on tax efficient strategies or helping clients with financial planning whilst studying.
Progression within this team is fast, with responsibility from an early stage. By the second year, you will be taking on a more senior role with smaller clients and helping to supervise the new intake of trainees. As your experience grows, you may have opportunities to experience other assignments such as control reviews and due diligence projects.
During your training contract you will study towards the joint Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT) and Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) qualifications. Additionally, you will achieve the Level 7 Apprenticeship qualification, developing essential skills sought out in the professional services sector.
As part our Private Client Tax team, your responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with clients and third parties to obtain necessary information
- Preparation of basic tax returns or repayment claim forms
- Advising clients of their forthcoming tax liabilities and tax matters affecting them
- Assisting in the preparation of tax advice for clients including technical tax research, strategic planning and drafting of reports for clients
- Dealing with correspondence from clients, HMRC and other third parties. This can be via letter, email or telephone.
Successful applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Committed to completing the ATT and CTA qualification on a Level 7 apprenticeship
- A level: Minimum 112 UCAS points in top 3 A levels excluding General Studies (or equivalent)
- GCSE: Minimum Grade 5 (or equivalent), in English Language and Maths respectively
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert