Looking for the opportunities and experience that can only be gained from a smaller accountancy practice? As an authorised ICAEW Training Office we can offer you a 3-year fully-funded training programme with study support to gain the ACA qualification.
What type of work will I be doing?
As well as studying for your professional exams you will gain a wealth of practical experience, including:
- Preparation of statutory accounts for a variety of businesses in a wide range of industry sectors. These businesses will be a mixture of companies, sole traders and partnerships.
- Over time, you will be allocated your own portfolio of clients where you will be expected to build a close working relationship to help them maintain their accounting records, prepare management accounts and VAT returns and support them in their use of cloud accounting software.
- Exposure to income tax and corporation tax computations, including the opportunity to work with our tax department.
- Access to ad hoc assignments such as cash flow projections and business plans to support clients in their applications to access finance.
- We have a number of clients who work in regulated areas as well as limited company clients who are required by law to have a statutory audit, so you will have the opportunity to have exposure to this kind of work.
Who will I be working with?
You will be working in a dynamic team comprising predominantly of other trainee accountants at varying levels of exam progression, supported by managers who have a broad range of practice and industry experience and knowledge.
You will be mentored by a more senior staff member and will work closely with our partners and managers.
What training will I be given?
As well as your professional exam studies, you will receive on-the-job training.
We also hold monthly team training sessions as well as providing access to online, on demand training from our external provider.
Why MacMahon Leggate?
We believe that now is a really exciting time to be embarking on a career in accountancy. We are experiencing unprecedented organic growth and have recently relocated to purpose built town centre offices that reflect our personality and culture.
A competitive salary is a given but we have so much more to offer you, including 23 days of annual leave (plus bank holidays), flexi time, flexible working, discounted on site parking and employee referral bonuses.
We have a fully equipped kitchen and staff room facilities, with a balcony area for outside dining when the British weather allows. There is a gym on the premises and we provide shower and changing facilities for staff wishing to use it.
This opportunity is available for an immediate start date.
What qualifications do I need?
To join our team we ask that you:
- Have the right to work in the UK for a minimum of 3 years
- Will achieve or have already achieved a minimum 2:2 in your undergraduate degree
What are the next steps?
Please apply through the ICAEW website or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org