We are looking for people who want to commence their accounting career or build upon their existing skills and knowledge. We are recruiting for several positions in our Audit and Accounts department in our Darlington, Middlesbrough, and Durham offices. You will be employed as an Audit and Accounts Associate and complete a 3-year training contract for the prestigious ICAEW ACA qualification to become a chartered accountant.
You will be involved in the delivery of statutory audits and accounts preparation for a portfolio of some of the most innovative and exciting clients across our region. The delivery of your work will be supplemented using cutting-edge technology to enhance efficiencies and client delivery.
The main tasks and responsibilities of the role include:
- Preparation of accounts from a variety of client’s systems including Sage, Xero and QBO.
- Participating in on site audits as an assistant to the audit senior and undertaking relevant tasks as required by the audit senior.
- Preparation of corporation tax computations.
- Actioning queries raised by the accounts and tax managers on the draft accounts and tax computations.
- Clearing review points and actioning queries raised by colleagues.
- Acting as a point of contact for clients for ad hoc queries.