Become an integral part of our growing tax team providing key tax compliance and advisory services to a varied client basis.
You will work in the office and remotely, providing support to a Corporate Tax Manager and Partner. The successful candidate will either be working towards or have already begun a tax or accountancy professional qualification. Support will be provided for training to be completed.
Role and responsibilities
- Assisting with the preparation and review of corporation tax returns.
- Liaising directly with HMRC to resolve client matters.
- Ensuring the corporate compliance process runs smoothly through regular monitoring of HMRC correspondence, client payments and tax return progress.
Over time it is expected that the role will become a mixed role combining corporate tax compliance and mixed tax advisory work.
About the ideal candidate
- Strong IT skills (especially Microsoft Excel and Word)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines
- 2:1 Degree or higher in any discipline
- 3 A levels grade A*-C (or equivalent)
- 9 GCSE’s grade A*-C (or equivalent)
- Work experience within an accountancy practice, with exposure to Corporate Tax
- Experience with Alphatax software would be useful but not essential
What we offer
- Competitive salary with increases for each exam success
- Study support including tuition fees, materials and time off to study
- Flexible working in a progressive environment
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays