ACA Trainee Accountant Apprentice
The role will be portfolio-based and will involve working in a team as well as independently. Key tasks include:
- Data entry using software systems which may include - bookkeeping, project management, tax preparation, customer database and MS Office.
- Assisting with preparation of income and expense records which are used for VAT, management and year end accounts.
- Reconciling sales and general ledger entries.
- Helping to prepare returns and other documents for filing with Companies House or HMRC as instructed.
- Assisting with preparation of monthly and weekly payroll.
- Managing workload to ensure client financial records are kept up to date and deadlines are met.
- Answering the telephone and taking accurate messages.
- Other administration duties as and when required – eg opening post, scanning and filing documents, taking mail to the post office.