Corporate Finance Trainee
Moore Kingston Smith is a dynamic, leading UK firm of accountants and business advisers. We have been helping clients thrive since 1923.
As trusted advisers to businesses, private individuals and not for profit organisations, we are passionate about helping our clients achieve their ambitions. We are committed to supporting them through good and tough times. Our highly experienced people have the strategic insight, drive and dedication to deliver results.
With over 70 partners and more than 650 staff based in and around London, we are a leading member of the Moore Global Network. An international family made up of over 30,000 people across more than 100 countries, members connect and collaborate to take care of our clients’ needs – at a local, national and international level.
Our Corporate Finance programme fast tracks you to success, moving you from graduate to qualified chartered accountant in three years.
In the role you can expect to work with the wider Corporate Finance team, supporting more senior colleagues with their client work as well as the Business Development team who support the department. You will be given support and guidance in all tasks that you are asked to undertake and gain exposure across the wider business and learning about the different ways in which we support and engage with our clients.
Within the role you will:
• working alongside our CF team on projects including:
o Advisory work
o Due diligence
• help prepare client presentations, pitch documents and industry specific research
• business development activities including identification and targeting of potential opportunities
• carrying out research to identify potential acquirers to be used to assist the team running a sales process
Your experience will be varied; sometimes you will be working on projects lasting a few days, other times a few weeks. As well as learning on the job, you’ll complete a comprehensive apprenticeship training programme that will equip you with the knowledge, skills and behaviours you need to excel in the role.
We’re looking for people who are adaptable, creative and innovative, enjoy building relationships and are passionate about developing themselves. For full details of the skills we look for please see https://mooreks.co.uk/careers/what-we-look-for/
You can apply if you:
• have an undergraduate degree (2:1 or above) and 112 UCAS points from three A-levels (or equivalent)
• will be available to work from 8 September 2022
• have permission to work in the UK by 8 September 2022
• are eligible to complete the level 7 apprenticeship. You will not be eligible if you have completed a Master's in an Accountancy related subject.
To avoid bias, your application will be reviewed question by question rather than as one whole application and so you need to ensure that your answers make sense on their own. For example, you will need to avoid saying 'as stated in my previous example'.
Applications close on 30 May and we will not progress any applications to the next stage of the process until after the closing date.
No one should face barriers when applying to work at Moore Kingston Smith. We’re keen to make sure our application process is accessible to everyone.