ACA Finance Graduate Programme (Banking/Fintech)
Shawbrook is a new type of specialist financial services company, combining the relentless focus on customer service and innovation you would expect from a fintech with the expertise and certainty of a bank. Shawbrook is driven by a purpose to solve complex problems that unlock opportunity for its rapidly growing customer base of over 300,000 UK consumers and businesses.
Our success would not have been possible without our Team. Our people differentiate us from the competition through their deep sector knowledge, they are the life force of our business.
Join Shawbrook because you:
- Want to help us deepen our industry sector knowledge, combining technology alongside the best banking brains. Want to build a bank for the future and be part of our digital transformation journey that will enable customers & businesses to thrive. Want to continue to grow professionally. We encourage you to grow and be the best version of yourself. Care about sustainability? We want to be better for our people, environment and society. Bring passion and enjoyment to your work. You’ll work hard but you’ll have fun too.
The Role & Responsibilities
From your first day with us you will progress through 6 rotations both within Finance and the wider business over your 3-year programme widening your network within the bank. You will be trained in Financial Control, Budgeting & Forecasting, Mergers & Acquisitions and Treasury. You will have a manager within each of your rotations along with a mentor that will support you throughout the programme.
You will study for your ACA qualification (ICAEW) covering up to 15 exams, a minimum of 450 days practical experience and the ICAEW code of Ethics.
Following successful completion of the programme you will be offered a full-time role within our business where you will be able to hone your financial skills enabling you to become a leader of the future. There are then opportunities to progress further onto roles such as Finance Manager, Business Partner or Head of a Finance function.
- Graduates with a minimum 2.2, we are open to your degree subject as we are more interested in your passion for numbers and your drive to succeed. You will also need Enthusiasm Good communications skills Good problem-solving skills Good numeracy and analytical skills
Your Wellbeing - We take your health and well-being very seriously by providing a range of benefits to give you and your family peace of mind. These include:
- Market leading family friendly policies such as access to our Maternity, Adoption and Paternity policies from Day 1 of your employment Free access to Headspace, a mindfulness & meditation digital health app Free access to Peppy digital health app that offers personalised support through fertility treatment becoming a parent or menopause EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) - Offering you support on a wide range of subjects including financial concerns, mental wellbeing and more general queries around family, work, housing and health Cycle to work scheme Discounts on gym membership Contributory pension scheme & death in service
Your Lifestyle - It’s important you strike the right balance between your work and personal life. We provide benefits to support you when at work and when you’re enjoying your leisure time.
- Minimum of 25 days holiday per year Option to buy or sell holiday days through our flexi-holiday scheme Discounts on gym membership nationwide Access to discounts on a range of high street and online brands Community support and charitable giving
Your Contribution - We’re focused on rewarding those that go the extra mile in helping us achieve our goals.
- Participation in our annual discretionary bonus scheme designed to reward your contribution to our success Proudly Shawbrook recognition scheme focused on recognising our role models and thanking our colleagues for a job well done