Senior Trainee Accountant
Due to the continued growth of our firm, we have an exciting opportunity for an accountant with a minimum of 18 months’ experience working in an accounting role in general practice to join our thriving Business Services team in our dynamic, forward thinking accountancy practice based at Thorpe Park, Leeds.
This role as a Senior Trainee Accountant includes supporting the senior team to assist with client relationships to provide our SME clients with a range of services including bookkeeping and VAT, management accounts and forecasting and end of year compliance services. The role is largely office based but some travel to clients will be required as you progress into the role.
You will report to one of our Senior Accountants or Business Services Managers/Partner, and work on the completion of accounts preparation files and the drafting of management accounts and year-end financial statements. You will be supervised during your work by more experienced team members who will review all your work.
- Qualified/part-qualified at AAT with minimum of 18 months’ experience working in a similar role.
- Accounts experience;
- Excellent communicator who needs to be able to work as part of a growing team, dealing with clients and other team members with a variety of experience alike;
- Full UK driving licence and car; and
- Good excel skills are a must, and experience with Sage and Xero would be preferable.
Kirk Newsholme are a Leeds based independent firm of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors established nearly 30 years ago – we are currently a team of 50 staff members and operate from a single office at Thorpe Park (LS15). We provide a full range of accounting, audit and tax services to an enviable client base dominated by owner managed and family businesses, predominantly across the Yorkshire region.
We pride ourselves on being of a size where we can offer a full and diverse range of services whilst still maintaining exceptional levels of client service.
In summary we can offer you:
- A fully supported study package to progress on to professional qualification ACA/ACCA if desired.
- An exciting opportunity to work with a fantastic client base to build ongoing relationships;
- No hierarchy system like many large national firms. We work with a ‘one-team’ approach and have complete autonomy without the outside influences of a head office;
- A supportive, nurturing working environment;
- A team culture – you’ll never feel isolated; and
- A fantastic opportunity for career progression.
- Attractive Salary Package
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with CV and covering letter