Audit Associate, Graduate
We are looking for values-driven, bright graduates to join us for our September 2022 intake of trainees in our Corporate Assurance team.
The Corporate Assurance team are a collaborative team of 60 who are focused on understanding how a business works and the risks associated with it. We audit businesses of all sizes, from start-ups to large groups. We specialise in financial services, media, technology, professional practices, property, UK parents and subsidiaries of international groups.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Act as a trainee auditor in the Corporate Assurance team, working with a wide range of profit making organisations.
- Carry out all audit work, in compliance with the firm’s and statutory procedures.
- Prepare accounts, including consolidated accounts, from both manual and computerised accounting records.
- Provide general accounting services and assistance to clients in the preparation of accounts, for example preparing working papers.
- Recommend improvements to the clients’ accounting systems and controls, assisting clients as required.
You will study towards the ACA qualification over 36 months under a level 7 apprenticeship, building not only on your technical skills, but also on your personal and professional development. Training consists of a combination of courses at the tutors’ offices, private study and regular exams, as well as on-the-job training. You will have paid study leave to support you in the run up to exams and all course and exam fees are paid for.
As the largest single-office accountancy firm in the UK, we describe ourselves as friendly and professional, with values ingrained in our culture of trust, client focus, exceptional service, specialist knowledge and approachability. We all work together under one roof, giving you the opportunity to collaborate, build relationships and shine from day one.
What’s in it for you?
We go above and beyond for our clients, but also for you. We have a genuine commitment to your development, offering you a closely supported and structured programme of tuition, provided by a top firm of external tutors. Internally, you’ll be supported by a manager who will act as your mentor, a trainee buddy, partners, senior staff and a dedicated Training and Development Coordinator.
As you progress through your training you will receive incremental salary increases as you hit various milestones in your qualification.
You are the right person for the role if:
- You are able to build meaningful, collaborative relationships with both clients and team members.
- You are keen to take ownership from an early stage and are committed to providing excellent client service at all times.
- You are a strong multitasker with the ability to prioritise your time to studying and working simultaneously.
No previous experience is required for our trainee roles, but to apply you will need to have:
- Or expect to obtain a 2.1 degree in any discipline, or equivalent
- A minimum of 120 UCAS Tariff points from your top 3 A-levels, or equivalent (300 using the old tariff)
- A minimum of Level 6 (B grade using the old system) in GSCE Maths and English Language, or equivalent
- The right to work in the UK without restrictions for the duration of the training contract
Please note we do not accept General Studies or applications from part-qualified applicants.
To find out more about life at Buzzacott, please click here.
To hear from team members across the firm on their experience of life at Buzzacott, please click here.