Part Qualified Trainee Accountant
As well as your ongoing training, you will provide support for Managers and Directors in providing professional accountancy services to fee paying clients.
You will take responsibility for completing tasks accurately and to deadlines in order ensure the audit is delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner. You will supervise junior staff as well as preparing audit planning documentation for review.
When not involved in audits you will support Directors with a varied general portfolio providing a wide range of services.
The services can include financial reporting, corporate taxation and personal taxation and tax planning giving you a wide range of experience.
Your responsibilities will include: -
- Deliver the audit files in accordance with UK GAAP Planning and delivery of audit assignments
- Supervise junior staff during the audit and review their work Manage client communication in an effective manner
- Monitor your assignment budgets pro-actively
- Preparation of Limited company accounts for a variety of clients to be reviewed by Managers / Directors
- Preparation of Corporation Tax computations for review Preparation of partnership and sole trade accounts
- Preparation of personal and partnership tax returns Preparation and review of VAT returns
- Management accounts preparation
- Highlight any deficiencies with client records or areas for concern to Managers / Directors and recommend actions for improvement Mentor junior accounts and audit trainees
About You: -
You will be part-qualified ICAEW (looking to complete your training) with previous audit experience as well as experience of working within practice. You will be self-driven, results orientated and with a positive outlook. As well as a desire to learn and develop yourself, you will be interested in supporting our trainees with their training and development. You must have good communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to take accurate and well structured notes. You will have strong IT skills, ideally with a working knowledge of Sage, QuickBooks, Xero and CCH but must also be competent in both Word & Excel.
We will offer you – The opportunity to join a strong, longstanding, professional business in Banbury. A company that takes pride in supporting its staff through good times and the challenging times we currently face. In addition, we will offer -
- A competitive starting salary in line with your current level of training with 6 monthly salary reviews whilst under a training contract
- A flexible working environment including flexi-time & hybrid working
- Training support for completion of professional qualification at the Reed Business School to include paid time for study and exams
- 20 days annual leave plus 8 Bank Holidays increasing to 25 days plus bank holidays once qualified
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme Ability to join a PMI scheme after probation to include the benefits of the Vitality Programme, helping you to take control of your health and lifestyle
- WeCare Health and Wellbeing Support
- Regular staff social events and the opportunity to support charity events
- Free onsite parking Internal career progression (some of our current directors joined us as trainees)
- Death in Service once qualified Excellent working conditions with free tea and coffee
Should your application be unsuccessful, we would like to hold this information in our database for future suitable roles. You can request that we delete your data at any point.
Apply for Part Qualified Trainee Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly