AAT/ACA Trainee (school or college leaver)
- Hamlyns Limited
- Horsell, Surrey
- Up to £20,000 per annum
- Closing date
- 28 May 2022
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- £10,000 - £20,000
- Contract type
- AAT-ACA fast track, School leaver programmes
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- From our office
Join us for a varied, rewarding and fulfilling role in accountancy as a school leavers alternative to University.
- 5-year sponsored training programme, starting with AAT then moving on to ACA – finish as a qualified accountant;
- Varied work with a friendly and supportive team;
- Opportunities for fast progression;
- Starting salary up to £20,000 per annum.
Hamlyns is a reputable and friendly firm of Chartered Accountants, Statutory Auditors and Business Advisors in Woking, looking after clients in a range of different industries, including public sector, family businesses, professional services and private clients. We focus on small and medium sized clients and have a speciality in Audit.
The firm is looking for motivated and ambitious students to join our Audit and Accounting team to help look after our clients while getting the best start in a challenging and rewarding profession. Our long-established training program is supported by studying with the industry leading professional training colleges who give the best opportunity to pass your professional exams to gain your qualifications, whilst back in the office our team helps you grow to be a valued member of the profession, fully supported by technical and experienced qualified accountants.
We are currently offering an opportunity for school and college leavers to join our 5-year AAT route to ACA August 2022 training programme.
Why train with Hamlyns?
The world is open, but most choose to stay – it’s a testament to the training, the firm, the team and the clients. All of the trainees that qualify with Hamlyns finish their studies with more than just the qualifications they need, but with experience of the profession that can’t be obtained from much larger firms.
We look to guide our trainees to autonomy, who we know are bright, capable and ambitious. You will be interacting with, and learning how to, support industry leaders - seeing how business works through first-hand experience. Soft skills are the part of success that most trainees miss out on – so we make sure you’ll join a professional network that will stay with you for the rest of your career, as well as learning how to deal with scenarios you simply can’t experience in a classroom or as a part of a large competitive team.
The Training Programme
As an approved ICAEW training employer, we support you through your route on the Level 4 apprenticeship supported by the ICAEW, where you will first undertake the AAT, which is a standalone qualification in its own right, then you may be invited to continue your training with us, working towards full Chartered status.
We have a high record of exam success, and we will share that with you:
- Training: we use the top external training providers and study support to help you pass your AAT, as well as internal support;
- Mentoring: our qualified staff have been through their professional exams and are eager to help people achieve and take advantage of the opportunities they enjoy;
- Monitoring: our training and development matrix makes sure you’re on track and we have regular meetings with our trainees to help them develop and evolve;
- Supporting: we sponsor your studies, with paid exam and revision leave, textbooks, the courses you need and much more.
Successful applicants will have already achieved:
- 3 A levels (A-C grade (or predicted)) with a minimum of 120 UCAS points (new tariff). Social and General studies excluded.
- GCSEs in Maths and English with a grade B (Grade 6 and above on the new system).
- A collaborative, positive and helpful attitude, with a passion for helping clients and colleagues.
- A desire to learn and grow both individually and support others to do the same.
- The ability to effectively communicate with others and constructively compromise.
- Strong problem solving and objective decision making abilities.
- Adaptive and open to change in a fast-paced environment.
- An ability to achieve and strive under pressure and deadlines.
- A strong sense of commerciality and financial responsibility.
All applicants will be required to evidence their right to work in the UK.
Send us a CV and covering letter, which will be assessed in-house by our recruitment team. If successful, we will contact you to organise a video interview.
On successful completion of that interview, you may be asked to perform a numerical and verbal reasoning assessment
Finally, we will invite you for a formal interview where you will meet one of our partners.
Apply by sending your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hamlyns is a progressive, forward thinking and expanding accountancy practice in Woking focussed on helping clients prosper.
Sundial House, 98 High Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert