Audit Semi Senior
A smarter way of working
A Top 30 UK accountancy firm, Price Bailey will offer you the best opportunities for training and development, personal growth, and career engagement. We want our people to be happy and fulfilled by their work, whilst being supported and challenged to grow. We also understand that you have a life outside of work, which is why our Smart Working culture means you have flexibility to work when and where you choose, whilst still caring for your clients.
We strive to deliver first-rate, cutting-edge services that are suited to our clients’ specific requirements. As a leading firm of chartered accountants and business advisors, we provide consultancy and planning skills to complement the traditional auditing, accounting, tax and financial services.
The Corporate team predominately undertakes audit and other assurance work on behalf of our clients, however, they are also responsible for accounts preparation and tax computations too. We have audit clients across a range of sectors around the UK, from smaller not for profit organisations to entrepreneurial SME’s and through to large listed groups.
No job is the same and we can guarantee variety, plus the opportunity to learn from range of talented individuals, no matter your level. You will get exposure to an eclectic range of organisations, including charities and financial services. Turnovers are typically from £20m – £40m (but go up to £400m), which means jobs are usually completed within a couple of weeks.
As a Corporate Semi Senior you will have ownership of the following tasks:
- Assisting with the planning of moderate sized audit engagements and leading onsite teams (80% of time)
- Supporting on larger audits, completing allocated sections and assisting in-charge with conclusions
- Preparing accounts and drafting tax computations (20% of time)
- Liaising with clients to resolve any queries, escalating more complex matters to assignment leader
- Reviewing team members’ work before passing completed file to appropriate assignment leader
- Starting to coach and provide feedback to juniors on the quality of their work and performance
- Starting to control assignment time in line with pre-determined budget
You might not have all of the experience above, but if you meet the minimum criteria and are passionate about developing yourself, we’d love to hear from you:
- Part qualified ACA, ICAS, CA or ACCA
- Knowledge of UK GAAP/FRS 102
- Client facing experience
- Experience of audit software (we use Caseware) and Microsoft packages
On top of a competitive salary, you’ll also benefit from:
- 20 days (increasing to 23 days) annual leave (with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days holiday)
- Contributory pension scheme
- 4x life assurance
- All employee share scheme
- 2 days paid for volunteering
- Cycle to work scheme